This smoothie combines the rich flavors and vibrant colors of delicious seasonal fruits in one sumptuous healthy smoothie. It’s the perfect taste combination of earthy goodness and succulent sweetness for these scorching hot summer days.
Filled with antioxidants, this smoothie will bring back that youthful glow while simultaneously strengthening your immune system. Be rest assured this refreshing thirst quencher will lighten up the rest of your summer days.
This berrylicious smoothie combines cooked beetroots, blueberries, blackberries, chia seeds, pomegranate juice, pomegranate powder mix, and lime juice. You can substitute the pomegranate mix for stevia or honey, and you can also add some whey protein for added nutritional value. The powder mix can be found in the beverage aisle at most local grocery stores or on Amazon, see this one here or a vegan-friendly option here. For directions on how to cook the beetroots, check out this post here.
If you are doubting whether you should head out to the produce section right now and fill up that basket with some of summer’s finest fruits, let me fill you in on the health benefits of this powerful little concoction.
- Cleanse the blood, and colon
- Promote heart health
- Cancer-fighting antioxidant
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Strengthens the liver and gallbladder
- Improves stamina, muscle healing, and endurance
- Boosts digestion
- Prevents Anaemia
- Improves brain health
- Prevents premature aging
- Boosts sex drive
- Reduce the risk of heart attack
- Enhances vision
- Provides fiber
- Improves hair growth
- Aids in fighting premature aging
- Fights against LDL (bad) cholesterol
- Enhances memory
- Improves digestion
- Alleviates inflammation
- Amps up weight loss
- Aid in maintaining healthy bone, and glowing skin.
- Facilitate bowel movements and boost digestion
- Improve immune system
- Fight against colon and lung cancer
- Regulate menstrual health
- Reduce inflammation
- Aid in wound healing
Smoothies are the perfect way to enjoy juicy, healthy fruits and veggies all year round. You will be surprised by the amount of money you’d be saving buying fruits while they are in season and freezing them. I usually buy a ton of fruits on sale while in season because I use them daily for breakfast smoothies to give me a good head start for the day. How do I freeze them you ask?
STEPS TO FREEZING MOST FRUITS
- Thoroughly wash the fruits to eliminate any pesticides.
- Cut the fruit into the desired size or leave whole (berries).
- Thoroughly wipe off any excess water with paper towel.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the chopped fruit on top.
- Transfer to the freezer and allow to freeze overnight.
- Once frozen, remove from baking sheet and store in a ziplock freezer bag or container. Make sure to release any air trapped in the bag. Date the bags as a reminder.
- The fruits can be kept for 9-12 months in the freezer and retain freshness.
Now you have a steady supply of fruits to make your smoothies any time of the year.
What I love about smoothies are the endless possibilities!. If you enjoy experimenting with new ingredients and flavors, smoothies are a perfect way to explore textures and combinations to get those juices flowing!
SMOOTHIE BONUS BENEFIT:
You can freeze them!. This is an excellent option for those who are always on the go. Save yourself time in the morning by making a big smoothie batch over the weekend, place in an airtight freezer-safe container (mason jars work best for me) and freeze for up to a month. Thaw in the refrigerator the night before consumption, or enjoy frozen as I did in the image below.
Do you have a favorite smoothie? What’s your best smoothie combination? I’d love to know! Let’s chat in the comments below.
Are you following @worldlytreat on social media? It will only take a few seconds. We share some behind the scene clips on our Instagram stories, join the conversation. Kindly add us on your social media, share our recipes, and of course, tag #worldlytreat if you try any of our recipes. Sharing is caring! Talk soon!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details, thank you for the continuous support.
BEET BERRY SMOOTHIE
- 1 cup frozen beetroot (cooked
- 1 cup frozen blueberry
- ½ cup frozen blackberry
- 1 tablespoon berry pomegranate powder mix
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon chia seed
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lime juice(optional)
- Place all ingredients in the order mentioned above into a blender and blend for 45seconds or until smooth. Pour into individual serving glass, add a straw and serve!
- Bonus: Freeze the remainder in a freezer safe container, and enjoy as sorbet.