Rum Cider Cocktail is a perfect choice for holidays. Whether it's Halloween, Thanksgiving, or Christmas, you can enjoy this ginger cider. It is loaded with fall flavors and warmth.
This drink is refreshing, heartwarming, and boozy enough to enjoy with your friends and family. If you are looking for a rich and flavorful cocktail to celebrate the festivity, an apple cider cocktail is a great choice.
Why should you make this recipe?
There are so many reasons you should make an Apple cider cocktail. Here are a few:
- Firstly, it is super easy to make. You just have to mix the ingredients and serve them. You don't even need a shaker if you don't have one. Therefore, it is perfect for parties, and you can make it in a pitcher.
- The ingredients are easy to find and are not over-the-top or fancy. So, you can enjoy this drink by staying within your limited budget.
- It is a perfect drink for festivities and holidays. Just as fall and winter set in, you need something tasteful, tipsy, and warm to accompany you on a cold night. So, you can sip apple cider gin cocktail or cider beer cocktails sitting by the fireplace and enjoy.
The ingredients list for the apple cider cocktail is:
- Dark rum: I love using aged rum, if you can’t get your hands on those, any good quality dark rum should do.
- Apple cider: Unfiltered apple cider is my preference
- Orange bitters: 3-4 drops will go a long way. You can use ginger bitters as well, but watch the amount of ginger beer to top the cocktail as the ginger is intense.
- Tripple sec simple syrup (sugar syrup): you can use whatever flavor of simple syrup you think would pair well with the rest of the ingredients. You can equally leave it out as the apple cider already have a sweetness to it.
- Ginger beer: This choice of beer seals the deal. The depth it creates combined with the rum is spectacular. I used the Fever-Tree ginger beer brand, the taste is intense, and I couldn’t have it any other way.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make this cider beer cocktail recipe
Making apple cider cocktail rum is super easy. I don't think there is a more straightforward recipe than this.
First, rim the serving glass with cinnamon sugar, and set it aside. By the way, this is totally optional.
Next, add everything in a shaker ( except the ginger beer), add some ice cubes, seal the shaker and shake it vigorously for a few seconds so that everything is well combined. Pour it into a glass, then top with the ginger beer. Enjoy!
Moreover, add a cinnamon stick when serving it into the glass for some extra kick of flavors. You can also use fresh apple slices and make fun shapes using a cookie cutter if you feel a little fancy. As the flavors infuse with the drink, you can enjoy a pleasant taste.
What alcohol goes with apple cider?
Dark liquors like bourbon (bourbon or fireball whiskey), rum, whiskey, and brandy work pretty well with apple cider.
Moreover, you can also add spirits like Vodka. When combined with apple cider, Vodka will give you a tangy and sweet flavor. Tequila is also a good choice.
Best rum for apple cider
If you are looking for the Best rum for apple cider, let me tell you there is no particular rum. It depends on your taste and liking. Although I have used dark rum for this apple cider cocktail recipe, you can also use spiced rum.
And if you are a die-heart wine lover, feel free to mix some red or white wine with apple cider and see if you love the warmth it offers.
What goes well with apple cider
Apple cider pairs perfectly with a lot of foods. We are talking rich stews, cheesy sauces or snacks, sweet treats, especially with hints of cinnamon. Here is a list of foods you can pair with apple cider;
Snacks: salty chips, cheeses like gouda, blue cheese, brie, cheddar, etc.
If you have a shaker, that'd be great. If you don't have one, use a mason jar or any tall glass with a lid so you can give the cocktail a nice shake to chill the drink. (affiliate link)
If you intend to serve this in a large gathering, you can make it ahead of time in a pitcher. Skip the addition of the ginger beer, and add it when you are ready to serve.
I hope you’ll give this ginger cider cocktail recipe a try. Share a sip with us on our social media. If you make this recipe using the hashtag worldlytreat(#worldlytreat), we’d love to join the soirée. Also, don’t forget to pin it for later. Chat soon?
PEACE & LOVE
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your continuous support.
No, it doesn't. Spiked apple cider or hard cider is perfectly capable of tolerating temperature changes and is relatively insensitive. So, you don't necessarily have to refrigerate it. However, keep in mind it tends to go bad. So, even if you are not refrigerating it, don't keep it for a very long time without the proper preservation measurements, or it will go sour and will taste just like vinegar.
Rum Cider Cocktail
- Crushed ice
- 4 .Oz dark rum (I used aged rum)
- 8 .Oz apple cider
- 4 dashes orange bitters
- 2 .Oz triple sec simple syrup
- ginger beer to top (I strongly advice using Fever-Tree brand. The ginger is intense)
- Apple slices to garnish (from 1 apple)
- Combine the rum, apple cider, orange bitters, and triple sec in a cocktail shaker over ice. Shake vigorously until frosted.
- Fill the serving glasses with crushed ice (you can equally enjoy it without ice). Strain the rum cider cocktail into the glasses halfway up (about 7.oz). Top with ginger beer. Garnish with apple slices or cinnamon sticks. Sip immediately.
- Please drink responsibly!