This quick and easy high-protein bean salad is the perfect addition to dinner. Served as a side dish or on its own.
To make this protein bean salad recipe, you’ll need:
This bean salad recipe is anything but boring. If you are looking to add an oumph to your salad, then you are in the right place.
Let me introduce you to my go-to sweet and savory salad for any season. This salad is so filling; you might skip the main dish. It’s so full of vibrant colors and packed with delicious flavors. With the help of some pantry goods, I was able to whip this up in minutes.
The spicy grilled chicken adds a kick to this salad. I used a homemade vinaigrette for a mild sweetness, and it was a perfect balance— This protein-packed salad is ready in 15 minutes or less. See the recipe for the grilled chicken here MAPLE GLAZED ASPARAGUS AND CARROTS WITH CHICKEN BREAST.
QUICK AND EASY PROTEIN PACKED BEAN SALAD WITH CHICKEN
- 1 15oz canned Heinz baked bean
- 1 15oz canned organic black bean-
- 1 15oz canned sweet corn
- 4 boiled eggs, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup sweet grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups grilled chicken chunks
- ½ cup Spanish olives-croutons (optional)
FOR THE DRESSING
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons spicy Dijon mustard (plain works fine)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Drain the bean and corn, rinse under cold running water. Heat in the microwave for 3 minutes, set aside to cool.
- Drain the baked beans and microwave for 2 minutes, set aside to cool.
- combine the beans, corn,onion, tomatoes, and grapes in a shallow bowl.
- Add all the ingredients for the dressing in a jar or bowl. shake or whisk thoroughly until combined.
- serve salad, add egg,chicken and croutons. drizzle dressing on top.