This Apple Bacon Jam, Gruyere, and Prosciutto Croccantini is the utmost satisfying snack for a chill day of relaxation or a fun day of entertainment. It is easy to put together and only takes thirty-five minutes or less.
Whether you are relaxing, entertaining, or celebrating with loved ones this summer, having the perfect snack on hand makes for a joyful celebration.
Summer is here with a lot of outdoor fun. Around this time of the year, you will often find families in your neighborhood with their grills or smokers hosting a party with family and friends either by the porch or backyard. Indeed, it is one of the best times of the year to enjoy and relax with loved ones. It is all about the beautiful memories that you share, accompanied by delicious food and laughter.
If you are looking forward to enjoying the small talk and hot food off the grill this summer, you’ve got to add this delicious bacon jam, gruyere & prosciutto Croccantini appetizer to your menu. What better way to pass the time than having some Oh là là moment with scrumptious food?!
I have partnered with La Panzanella for this post to introduce to you their Roasted Garlic Mini Croccantini®. Their Roasted Garlic Mini Croccantini has a subtle flavor reminiscent of freshly baked garlic bread with a hint of sea salt. These crackers enhance the flavors of aged cheeses, cured meats, and Mediterranean spreads.
Their varietal line of flavors makes pairing a breeze. It’s tasty, crispy, and light, great for casual entertaining. La Panzanella Mini Croccantini comes in different flavors like;
- Original Sea Salt Mini Croccantini®
-Cracked Pepper Mini Croccantini®
- Rosemary Mini Croccantini®
-Roasted Garlic Mini Croccantini®
-Multigrain Mini Croccantini®
If you love the sound of these flavors, head over to La Panzanella’s website or find a local retailer near you to grab yours and start creating. You can equally find La Panzanella Mini Croccantini on their website .
HOW TO MAKE APPLE BACON JAM
Although you can buy a jar of bacon jam online, I firmly believe a homemade jam beats store-bought any day. To make this apple bacon jam recipe, you’ll need;
- Bacon strips
- Garlic cloves
- Black pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
- Balsamic vinegar
All you need to do is cook the bacon, reserve some of the fat. Saute the onion, garlic, and apples. The rest of the ingredients will be added at intervals, and the jam will be ready before you know it. If you are not a fan of the texture, process the jam in a food processor or blender once it’s cool. Store in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
I prefer to freeze the apple bacon jam in small quantities for up to 2 months to have it handy when I need it. Thaw at room temperature and enjoy!
Please find the detailed recipe in the recipe card below.
What should I bring to an outdoor party?
Some common things people bring to a party's table are salad, corn, and coleslaw. Sometimes you will find a variety of the same dish too. But if you are looking for that delicious dish you can bring to an outdoor party that will turn heads, then it has to be the Apple Bacon Jam, Gruyere, and Prosciutto Croccantini. It may look delicious and complex, but it’s easy to make with the best ingredients that are readily available.
What are the best appetizers to serve?
The best appetizers are more like finger food that tingles your senses and makes you excited for the main course. If you ask me what to have as an appetizer, especially for an outdoor party, I will say the Apple Bacon Jam, Gruyere, and Prosciutto Croccantini. They look so beautiful, like tiny edible flowers, and they are very easy to grub. Just grab one and pop it in your mouth. Over the top, you can double the recipe and feed a crowd in no time. Easy and delicious!
Where can I buy bacon jam?
You can find a jar of bacon jam in a specialty supermarket. You will be surprised to see so many unusual variations. But I recommend the simpler, the better, or you can also get the smoked bacon apple jam. If you are lazy like us or cannot find a jar in the supermarket, please browse online to get one.
What to use bacon jam on?
You can use bacon jam on literally anything. Well, almost everything. But here are my favorite ways to enjoy it:
- You can use it in a sandwich, burger, or toast. To-die!
- You can make a salad dressing with it by mixing it with other liquids.
- Dress your pancakes or scrambled eggs with the bacon jam. Think savory meets sweet; that’s flavor town!
- You can eat it with steak and mashed potatoes. Hello, comfort food!
- You can make croccantini and prosciutto rolls out of them too. Deliciousness in a prosciutto blanket, yes, please.
What is Croccantini?
Croccantini is referred to as Italian cracker or flatbread bites. It means "Small crunchy bites.” La Panzanella cracker is Croccantini, and it is often used as a base for many appetizers. So, whether you serve it alone or paired with deli meats, cheeses, or vegetables, you are promised a perfect bite. Add them to lunch boxes, as a garnish for soups, on a platter, or stuck up the pantry for your next charcuterie party.
What can I eat with Croccantini?
One of the common ways of eating it is with a topping of cream cheese spread with toppings of either vegetables or cured meat. But if you don’t like “basic” and want to add oomph to snack time, try eating the Croccantini with the apple bacon jam, sandwiched with gruyere and prosciutto. It is savory with a hint of sweetness, a delicious and balanced combination you will ever have. Thank me later!
Did you make this Apple Bacon Jam, Gruyere, and Prosciutto Croccantini? Share with us on Instagram using the hashtag worldlytreat(#worldlytreat); we’d love to see what you made. Don’t forget to pin it for later.
OTHER DELICIOUS RECIPES TO FOR YOUR NEXT GATHERING
ANCHOVY PIZZA RECIPE
COCONUT CREAM PUMPKIN MOUSSE
TUNA CUCUMBER SALAD SANDWICH (NO MAYO)
CHOCOLATE CHIP MARSHMALLOW SKILLET COOKIES
COCONUT-MANGO ICE CREAM PIE
All reviews and opinions expressed in this post are based on my personal view.
PEACE & LOVE
Bacon Jam, Gruyere & Prosciutto Croccantini®
- 12 oz bacon strips, sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped rosemary (about 4 sprigs)
- Salt to taste
- ½ medium apple, finely chopped ( honey crisp, pink lady, or ambrosia
- ¼ cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 (6.oz) packs La Panzanella Roasted Garlic Mini Croccantini crackers
- 3 oz smoked gruyere
- 3 oz prosciutto
- Place a large skillet on a stove burner over medium heat. Add the chopped bacon. Stir occasionally to prevent it from burning. Cook for about 9 minutes or until it’s slightly crispy but not burnt. Using a slotted spoon, remove the bacon bits and place them over a paper towel to soak up the grease. Leave about 2 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the pan.
- Set the heat to medium-low. Add the onion and cook for 3-5 minutes, occasionally stirring to prevent it from burning. Add the chopped apples and garlic. Cook for a minute, then add the pepper, rosemary, salt, brown sugar, maple syrup, and balsamic vinegar. Cook for 12 minutes, staring occasionally.
- The mixture should look like loosed jam at this point. Add the bacon bits from earlier and cook for 3 minutes. Adjust seasoning.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (unless your food processor allows hot food). Add the mix into the food processor and pulse for a few minutes or until it reaches your desired consistency. You can equally leave it as it is; it’s a lovely texture.
- ASSEMBLEPlace the Roasted Garlic Croccantini crackers on a serving tray in a single layer. Gently spread half a teaspoon of the apple bacon jam over the Croccantini.Add a slice of smoked gruyere or sharp cheddar cheese, and top with a piece of prosciutto. I sliced mine in half and folded it in a circular motion to create a little flower.
Very descriptive recipe. Pictures were very helpful too!
Maureen Celestine says
So glad it helped, Marie.