Welcome back, my fellow foodies! With Labor Day weekend around the corner, I thought it would be right to share this-melt in your mouth lemony no bake mascarpone cheesecake topped with summers fresh berries. Yup! You heard that right, no need to power on the oven, we don’t need the added heat.
This no-bake cheesecake treat is simple to make and utterly delicious; this dessert is the ultimate bake ahead for any gathering or a sweet end to a midweek meal. It requires no effort whatsoever — stores pretty well in the refrigerator overnight. Add the fresh fruits before serving, and voila, you are good to go. Oh! One more thing, it freezes well too!
The crust features a blend of whole wheat biscuit, pecans, unsweetened coconut flakes, and melted butter. I chose mcvities digestive whole wheat biscuit as the base for my crust because it’s rich in fiber, not too sweet and slightly salty. It brings back many childhood memories. You can substitute digestive biscuit for graham crackers or any crumbly biscuit of your choosing.
To make the crust:
- Place the biscuit, pecans, and coconut flakes in a food processor and process until crumbly. You don’t have a food processor? Don’t fret it! Place the biscuit and pecans in a zip lock bag and use a rolling pin to pound the bag. You can lightly toast the coconut and squish in the palm of your hands.
- Combine the mix with melted butter.
- Press down the biscuit mix into a cake pan or tart pan, making sure to press side to side with your fist or measuring cup. It’s best to use a pan with fluted base for easy release; I used a 9″ springform pan seen here.
Transfer to the refrigerator for thirty minutes or more.
To make the filling:
The creamy filling is a blend of mascarpone, condensed milk, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cream cheese. It’s best to use room temperature cheese, so it creams smoothly. The condensed milk helps to firm up the tart and also add sweetness. The lemon juice cuts down the sweetness and adds a little zing. Most people use gelatin to facilitate firmness, but I don’t particularly like the texture. My guests always rave about this dessert, so it works for me this way.
Place the cream cheese, mascarpone, condensed milk, and lemon zest in a mixing bowl. Using the paddle attachment, mix on medium speed for a few minutes or until smooth. Add the lemon juice, mix for about thirty seconds and set aside.
- Pour the filling into the cooled Crust, spread using an offset spatula.
Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for about 4 hours, overnight or until firm.
Berries such as raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries provide an abundant amount of vitamins A and C. I enjoy using them in my dessert, especially this time of the year.
You can use whatever topping you choose. It’s vital to use fruits or toppings that won’t overwhelm the taste of the tart. I used strawberries, blackberries, raspberries for this treat. Rinse and pat dry the fruit with a paper towel to remove excess water. Add the fruits when you are ready to serve.
PIN THIS FOR LATER!
Have you ever tried a no bake cheesecake? Would you rather have a baked cheesecake over a no bake? Let’s chat in the comments below.
Are you following @worldlytreat on social media? It will only take a few seconds. We share some behind the scene clips on our Instagram stories, join the conversation. Kindly add us on your social media, share our recipes, and of course, tag #worldlytreat if you try any of our recipes. Sharing is caring! Talk soon!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you any extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details, thank you for the continuous support.
BERRYLICIOUS NO BAKE LEMON CHEESECAKE
FOR THE CRUST
- 90g Digestive biscuit (about 17 pieces)
- ⅓ cup pecan halves
- ¼ Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 8 tablespoons butter, meltedFOR THE FILLING
- 8 Ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 large lemon).
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 8 ounces condensed milk
- Place the digestive biscuit, pecan halves, and coconut flakes in a food processor. Pulse for a few seconds until crumbly. Add in the melted butter, pulse twice until the butter incorporates with the crumbs( The crumbs should resemble wet sand). Place the crust in a cake or tart pan ( I used an 9″ springform pan) pressing firmly to bottom and sides(up to 2”) of pan with your fingertips or measuring cup.
- Chill the crust in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mascarpone, lemon zest, and condensed milk. Using a paddle attachment, mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes or until creamy. Add the lemon juice and mix for about 30 seconds. Pour the filling into the chilled crust and level with a spatula.
- Cover the pan with a cling wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with fruits before serving.
- NOTESThis no-bake dessert freezes well. Wrap any sliced portion in a cling film and foil, freeze for 2-3 months.