Summer is finally here, and this frozen strawberry cocktail, a.k.a strawberry daiquiri with vodka, is precisely what you want to have in hand while you absorb all the summer heat.
After mangos and peaches, strawberry is my other fruit of choice when making a frozen fruity cocktail, especially around the summer season when they are juiciest. I’ve made this strawberry vodka cocktail recipe a gazillion times with fresh and frozen strawberries, and I must say, using the frozen fruits adds such rich texture. Plus, it isn’t watered down by ice cubes.
Although a daiquiri calls for white rum, I will be using vanilla vodka to give it a different spin. Although, to be honest, the difference is hardly noticed, make sure to use good quality vodka for this daiquiri recipe.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH A BAG OF FROZEN STRAWBERRIES?
Did you hit the jackpot on strawberry sales, and now that you are done making this frozen strawberry cocktail with vodka drink, you have no idea what to do with the rest? Well, I have done the leg work for you. Here are a handful of ideas to use up that frozen strawberry you have sitting in the freezer.
- Make a delicious smoothie bowl. I love the ones with tapioca pearls-to die!
- Shakes? Think thick strawberry shakes with cream cheese or whatever your adventurous palate is craving.
- Strawberry sorbet
- How about a strawberry cheesecake bite
- Good ol’ popsicle
- Homemade syrup
- Cake crumbles
- A froyo, a.k.a frozen yogurt, sounds absolutely delicious right about now
- Flavored water
The list is endless. So having frozen fruits on hand is a no-brainer.
HOW TO MAKE A STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRI COCKTAIL FROM SCRATCH?
To make this strawberry cocktail recipe, you’d need:
- Strawberry: Frozen or fresh is fine, be sure to follow the tips I gave below if you decide to use a fresh strawberry.
- Vodka: I advise using good quality vodka. If possible, try using one that is flavored for an added oumph.
- Syrup: You can find well-flavored syrups in the market these days. Try using a syrup with subtle flavor, so you don’t overpower the other ingredients. For example, I used agave syrup for this recipe.
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed lime juice is best.
- Fresh mint: the majority of the time, mint is my herb of choice for cocktails. It has a vivid and pleasant sweetness that boosts the taste of alcohol and softens overly sweet drinks.
Once you gather the ingredients, place them in a blender and give them a few pulses. Stir or wiggle the blender jar before pouring it into individual serving glasses. I made a blop because I forgot this step. You can laugh at my pain in the quick video below.
WHAT IS IN A DAIQUIRI COCKTAIL
A classic daiquiri cocktail consists of Rum (white), lime juice, and simple syrup.
HOW LONG IS A FROZEN DAIQUIRI GOOD FOR
The frozen cocktail can last anywhere from 3 -4 weeks and will remain soft because of the alcohol content. However, the added citrus might cause the drink to change slightly in taste, so it’s best to consume within this time frame.
I DON’T HAVE A BLENDER WHAT CAN I USE?
As I mentioned earlier, you can make this frozen alcoholic fruit cocktail in two ways. You can either use frozen fruits, which you’ll have to blend, or use fresh strawberry muddled in a shaker or mason jar; this is called the “shaken” method. First, muddle the strawberry with the mint leaves, then add the rest of the ingredients with ice. Shake a couple of times, and strain into a serving glass.
MORE EASY BUT EPIC COCKTAILS TO TRY
There you have it! The easiest frozen strawberry cocktail recipe you’d ever make. I hope you’ll give this strawberry frozen daiquiri cocktail recipe a try.
Share a glass with us on our social media if you make this cocktail using the hashtag worldlytreat(#worldlytreat). We’d love to join the soirée. Also, don’t forget to pin it for later. Chat soon?
PEACE & LOVE
FROZEN STRAWBERRY COCKTAIL
- 2 cups Frozen strawberry
- 4 ounces Vanilla vodka
- 4 ounces Simple syrup
- 1 ounce Freshly squeezed Lime juice
- 2 Mint leaves plus more to garnish
- Place all the ingredients into a blender, and blend until it's smooth or when you reach your desired consistency. Pour into individual serving glasses. Garnish with mint or lime wedge, and serve!enjoy and Sip responsible 🙂
- If you are using frozen strawberries, a heavy-duty blender might ease things up. If you don't have one, add a little bit of water to get things going.
- You can equally use fresh strawberries and add some ice. Add an ounce more vodka as the ice might water down the cocktail.
Julie perlinger says
I think your food looks beautiful and delicious! Thank you for having and maintaining this lovely food blog! I can’t wait to play in the kitchen with your beautiful ideas and food! ❤️
Maureen Celestine says
You are too kind, Julie. Thank you! I can't wait to see what you create.