Are you feeling the heat yet? It’s been summer here in Texas since spring, so it’s no biggie! With the scorching heat comes a consistent urge to quench our taste.
Well, I had your taste bud in mind while mixing up this bad gyal! Yup! I said girl; we can be bad, too. I kid! This lush mint limonata will reset your weekend to a good start.
This cocktail is the absolute slurp for a chill evening. Whether you are celebrating with family and friends or toasting to the weekend( just because), this is the drink for you.
It’s been a long past week for us over here, so I thought I’d share this refreshing cocktail to cheer you into the weekend.
Speaking of a long week, we celebrated my pea’s third birthday a week ago, and it was a great success! If you read my previous post, you remember me setting myself up for disaster trying to do a lot by myself. Well, it’s safe to say I pulled it off(can I get a whoop whoop?)! So, I made:
- Four layers of vanilla butter cake frosted with smooth blue buttercream, covered in white fondant and Pj Masks theme edible building outline.
- Double chocolate coffee cake with buttercream frosting, covered in rainbow non-pariels sprinkles.
- 48 counts of vanilla and chocolate flavored cupcakes.
Who knows, I might share one of the recipes in the future 🤞.
Back to the cocktail, for this refreshing glass of limonata, you’ll need;
What you’ll need
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice ( I often use this handy tool here to get all the juice out, it also conveniently separates the seeds and pulp from the liquid).
- Triple sec or simple syrup
- Vodka ( good quality, I used Grey Goose)
- Ginger ale (I used Canada Dry)
- Fresh Mint leaves
- Ice cubes (You can use plain ice cubes, I wanted to jazz it up, so I added lime wedges in the ice tray before freezing it)
How to make it
- Combine the lemon juice, triple sec, and vodka in a shaker.
- Pinch the mint leaf to release the fragrance,
- Add the ice cubes to a highball glass, pour the cocktail over ice and top with ginger ale.
- Garnish with mint leaves and serve!
There you have it, easy right? Do you have a summer favorite? Share a glass with us on our social media if you make this cocktail using the hashtag worldlytreat(#worldlytreat), we’d love to join the soirée. Don’t forget to pin it for later. Talk soon.
Lush Mint Limonata
A very refreshing lemony cocktail with a bit of a kick that is guaranteed to wow your friends at your next party or dinner.
- •8 ounces Lemon juice, Freshly squeezed (about 7 large lemons).
- • 4 ounces Triple sec (simple syrup is fine, too)
- • 8 ounces Vodka ( good quality)
- •12 ounces Ginger ale
- •Fresh mint leaves
- •Ice cubes
- Step 1 Combine the lemon juice, triple sec, and vodka in a shaker.
- Step 2 Pinch the mint leaf to release the fragrance, add the ice cubes to a highball glass, pour the cocktail over ice and top with ginger ale. Garnish with mint leaves and serve!