This deliciously filling energy-boosting green smoothie is all you need for groggy mornings. This is the best green smoothie recipe, and it is packed with antioxidants, fiber, and lots more! It’s a vegan smoothie. If you are one of those who go through the Monday blues, this is for you.
Why you need to make this recipe;
It’s the healthiest smoothie recipe
Quick and easy to put together
So rich and smooth
Perfect to use for a green smoothie diet.
First of all, the hubs and I started a refined sugar detox a few weeks ago; we wanted to try it for thirty days to see how we feel about it and if it’s something we want to do for the long haul. Well, the first three days were an utter struggle. We both complained of fatigue; I was very cranky and moody, yea-like crazy PMS mood swings.
Fast forward—->>> We are currently three weeks in, and it feels good. I am not having any sugar cravings or mood swings, so it’s safe to say we are digging the “no refined sugar diet.” But, let’s be clear, we won’t be restricting ourselves to naturally sweet fruits because, life! We are sticking with the diet, so wish us luck. After thirty days, if we continue with the detox, I’ll keep you updated.
Okay, back to this thirst-quenching simple green smoothie!
Green smoothie ingredients
For this quick and easy recipe, you will need;
- Frozen Bananas that have been cut into chunks.
- Baby spinach
- Roasted salted cashew
- Protein powder (I used raw organic protein-Vanilla chai)
- Oats (quick or rolled oats )
- Raw organic honey (This is optional, feel free to use date syrup, agave syrup, or any sweetener of your choice to make this recipe completely vegan)
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk ( You can substitute with water or any nut milk)
How to Make Green Smoothie detox
Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend for a few seconds or until smooth. Pour in a serving glass and enjoy!
If you don’t have frozen bananas on hand, use a fresh one and add about six ice cubes before blending. See this post here on how to freeze seasonal fruits in bulk.
I used Roasted salted cashew for this energy-boosting green smoothie, but if you don’t have it on hand, substitute it with nuts like almonds, peanuts, macadamia, or walnuts.
Add-ons for smoothies
This green smoothie can be personalized to suit your dietary needs.
- Instead of bananas, you can use other fruits like green apples, mangoes, or pineapple.
- If you don’t have protein powder add peanut butter, almond butter, chia seeds, silken tofu, or yogurt.
- Use other leafy greens or vegetables
- garnish it with nuts, more seeds, and fruits.
- Use water instead of milk.
There are two ways to store this super green smoothie recipe.
- Store it in an air-tight container like a mason jar and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Freeze in an air-tight freezer bag for up to months. Thaw at room temperature or in the refrigerator.
All you need for this breakfast smoothie recipe is a high-power blender or food processor. It would be best if you had something strong enough to crush the frozen bananas. Unless you are using fresh bananas, any blender will do just fine.
What does a green smoothie do for your body?
Green smoothies provide an energy boost for the body. Unlike caffeine products, you gain fast and lasting energy from the natural fruit contents that provide carbohydrates. Also, you get tons of fibers from vegetables like spinach which helps maintain your blood sugar level and curbs your appetite.
Do you have a favorite smoothie? What’s your best smoothie combination? I’d love to know! Let’s chat in the comments below.
Are you following @worldlytreat on social media? It will only take a few seconds. We share some behind-the-scenes clips on our Instagram stories and join the conversation. Kindly add us on your social media, share our recipes, and of course, tag #worldlytreat if you try any of our recipes. Sharing is caring!
Peace & Love
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. While clicking these links won’t cost you extra money, they will help us keep this site up and running! Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your continuous support.
24/7 ENERGY BOOSTING GREEN SMOOTHIE
- 2 cups Frozen Bananas ( about 3 whole)
- 1 cup packed baby Spinach
- ¼ cup roasted salted cashew (see post for substitute)
- ⅓ cup protein powder (I used raw organic protein-Vanilla chai)
- ½ cup oats (quick or rolled )
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey (date or agave syrup for vegans)
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk ( substitute with water or any nut milk)
- Place all the ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend for a few seconds or until smooth. Pour into a serving glass or bowl. Add your favorite garnish, and enjoy!