This smoked cinnamon gin & tonic is in a class all of its own.
Yes, you heard that right. Smoked cinnamon takes this Gin and tonic to subtle flavor heaven. It adds a festive twist and depth to the cocktail, adding a wow factor for your guest.
Whatever the weather, this eye-catching Smoked Cinnamon G&T cocktail should enchant your imagination.
Making a smoky cocktail might seem intimidating, but trust me, with just a little technique and safety in mind (of course), you too can make this gin-based cocktail or any smoked-infused cocktail at your next sip and chill.
For this smoked cinnamon Gin and tonic cocktail, you need a good quality Gin, if possible, get one with a floral note. I partnered with Empress 1908 Gin a few months back to create this Empress gin cocktail, and it was a delight. Empress 1908 gin transforms from deep indigo hue to bright lavender, soft pink, or fuchsia depending on the mixer added. That’s a Wawu if you ask me.
To make this winter gin cocktail, you’ll need:
- Cinnamon stick
- Lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Pomegranate syrup or grenadine
- Egg white
- Ice cubes
- Tonic water
How to make Smoked Cinnamon Gin & Tonic Cocktail
First, you’ll start by flaming the cinnamon stick as if you are burning incense.
Cover the burnt cinnamon stick with the chilled glass and allow the smoke to swirl around the glass.
Add the Gin, lemon juice, orange juice, pomegranate syrup, and egg white into a shaker filled with ice.
Shake vigorously until chill. Strain the mixture into the cinnamon swirled glass and top with tonic water. Garnish with a lemon twist and serve. Sip responsibly!
Can I make this easy gin cocktail ahead of time?
No. It’s best to consume this winter cocktail recipe immediately.
Here are some substitutes to make this gin cocktail at home:
- Aquafaba instead of egg white. Aquafaba is the juice from canned chickpeas. Use one egg white as a substitute if you don’t have one
- Strawberry or any berry flavored syrup if you can’t find pomegranate syrup.
- Soda water instead of tonic water.
Did you make this Gin and Tonic recipe? Share with us on Instagram using the hashtag worldlytreat(#worldlytreat); we’d love to see what you made. Don’t forget to pin it for later!
PEACE & LOVE
Smoked Cinnamon Gin & Tonic
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 oz. Gin good quality
- 1 oz. Fresh lemon juice
- 1 oz. Fresh orange juice
- 1 oz. Pomegranate syrup
- 1 Egg white
- Ice cubes
- Elderflower tonic water about 4.oz. Any tonic water is fine
- Lemon twist to garnish
- Use a kitchen blow torch to flame the cinnamon stick (stovetop works just as good). Invert the chilled coupe glass over the cinnamon stick. The smoke will stick to the sides of the glass. Set aside while you prep the cocktail.
- * Add all of the ingredients except for the tonic water into a shaker with ice and shake until chilled. Double strain and shake without the ice.
- Strain the cocktail into the smoky Coupe glass and swirl gently to infuse the flavors. Top with tonic water. Garnish with lemon curl or edible flowers⚠️Please drink with absolute responsibility⚠️
Gin pairs well with a lot of flavors. Some are listed below:
citrus: lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit
Fruits: blueberry, pineapple, blackberries, cranberries, pomegranate
cinnamon, star anise