This espresso Vodka Martini is ultimately creamy, subtly sweet, and darn right delicious. This is the easiest cocktail you could ever make. All you need are four ingredients.
We also like this grapefruit gin sour cocktail to reel in the Christmas cheer.
- Simple syrup: any simple syrup is fine, but I love the extra flavor of the salted caramel syrup by Torani.
- Creme de cacao liqueur or any coffee-flavored liqueur
- Vodka: vanilla or whipped vodka is a great choice.
- Cream: I enjoyed this Espresso Vodka Martini better with Frothed cream.
If you cannot get your hands on creme de cacao, you can make one at home, but I must warn you, you’ll need a lot of patience for it. The coctaildudes on youtube have a great recipe for making Creme de Cacao at home.
How to make the Martini
There are two different ways of making this Creme De cacao Vodka Martini cocktail; you can either.
- Layer it up: Add the ingredients in layers, un-chilled.
- Add most of the ingredients to a shaker with ice and strain into a cocktail glass topped with cream.
To get the perfect layers, use a bartender spoon. If you don’t have that on hand, feel free to use the back of a spoon as I did and wipe after each pour.
- In a short cocktail glass, gently pour the simple syrup, followed by the creme de cacao and vodka.
- Finally, top the cocktail with chilled heavy cream for a rich texture. Slowly pour over the back of a spoon atop the other layers. Finish up with shaved chocolate or dark cacao powder.
- Do not stir. Enjoy each layer as you take a sip.
The chocolate and cream will hit your tongue first, don’t get too excited at this point because the party is about to start. Next comes the vodka, and the creme de cacao, followed by the sweet cherry taste of grenadine. It will get a little woozy, so please sip responsibly.
- Fill a shaker with Ice cubes. Add all ingredients except for the cream.
- Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. Top with frothed cream. Garnish with shaved chocolate or cocoa powder.
I prefer method A, but my tasters loved method B because it was the perfect kick, and the vodka was smooth to digest. So, I’ll share both methods. Feel free to mix it how you want, and most certainly, let me know in the comments which you prefer.
I hope you’ll try this smooth, creamy Vodka Martini. If you are looking for something with more of a creamy libation, try this fan's favorite S’moretini or this peach and mango daiquiri for a peachy temptation.
Share a glass of your Martini with us on our social media if you made this cocktail using the hashtag worldlytreat(#worldlytreat), we’d love to join the soirée. Don’t forget to pin it for later.
Have a beautiful Christmas/holiday!!!
Peace & Love
Here are three ways to froth cream at home;
Using a frother: Pour chilled cream into a cup with spouts. Immerse your frothing wand in the cream and turn it on. Whisk, creating a gentle swirl of cream, until frothed to your desired consistency.
Using a blender: Pour the cream into a blender, cover, and blend on high speed until slightly thick.
Using an immersion blender: Use the same process as steps 2.
Using good old-fashioned hand whisk. Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk until thick.
Yes. The content of alcohol in creme de cacao ranges by brand. You can find anywhere from 20%-25% abv.
Kahlua is a chocolate liqueur made from coffee and liquor. Creme de Cacao is a sweet liqueur made from a chocolate bean and often scented with vanilla. It comes in both light and dark shades. It can be used interchangeably for Kahlua.
Some of the links above are affiliate links, meaning I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure tab for more info.
Click here to save it for later!
Espresso Vodka Martini
- 0.5 ounce Simple syrup (I used Torani's salted caramel)
- 2.0 ounces Creme de cacao (or any coffee flavored liqueur)
- 1.0 Ounce Vodka (I used whipped vodka. Any dessert vodka is fine)
- 1.0 Ounce Chilled heavy cream (Frothed cream works best)
- Shaved chocolate or dark cacao powder to garnish.
Method A without frothed cream
- Pour the first three ingredients in a martini or cocktail glass in the order listed above. Gently pour the heavy cream over the back of a spoon in a layer so that it floats atop other layers. Garnish with shaved chocolate or dust with cacao powder. Enjoy responsibly!
Method B with Frothed Cream
- Pour chilled cream into a cup with spouts, Immerse the frothing wand in the cream and turn it on. Whisk, creating a gentle swirl of cream, or until frothed to your desired consistency. Don't froth for long, you need the cream to still be slightly thick, yet liquidy. Fill a shaker with Ice cubes. Add all ingredients except for the cream. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. Top with frothed cream. Garnish with shaved chocolate or cocoa powder.
How to Froth cream at home
- Using a shaker: Place the chilled cream in an airtight jar and shake vigorously for about 3 mins or until you reach the desired consistency. To cut downtime, place a shaker ball in the jar and shake for a minute.
- Using a blender: Pour the cream into a blender, cover, and blend on high speed until slightly thick.
- Using an immersion blender: Use the same process as steps 2.
- Using a hand whisk. Pour the cream into a bowl and whisk until thick.